I’ve only just started using a face serum, recommended to me by a Sales assistant in the KIKO store, Oxford Circus. She was lovely and brutally honest! She was confident about her belief in face Serum and was adamant that I ( and everyone else for that matter) should use it to help with the pigmentation issues and the dehydrated appearance of my skin – so I purchased the Serum at a reasonable price of £23.90.
The ‘Sublime Youth Serum’ I have been using contains Retinol.
Facts about Retinol:
- Retinol is a Vitamin A derivative
- Un-clogs pores ans boosts collagen production
- Acts as an anti-aging product by smoothing out fine lines
- Enhances skin cell turnover which can help to even out discolouration of the skin.
- Examples of Retinoids which you may find in the ingredients of your products are, tretinoin, tazarotene and adapalene.
- Retinoids can be of different strengths therefore, can have different effects on the skin, depending on your own sensitivity
- Use Retinol products before bedtime as it the ingredient in not advised to be used in the sun due to its own sensitivity to UV light.
I massage a tiny pea-sized amount over my face every night before bed. It is water-based so I use it before applying my regular moisturiser. I have had no adverse reaction at all. The skin feels smooth after application and the price is very reasonable compared to others on the market.
You may want to decide for yourself, with some help – take a look at the following recommended serums by Elle:
If any of you readers swear by a particular type of serum, I would love to hear about it!